2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Bus, train, cycle rickshaw and camels.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s).
North India Budget Adventure
Travel with us on local buses and trains through the cultural heart of vibrant northern India. We explore the region’s ‘golden triangle’: from the capital Delhi to the city of Agra and to Jaipur in the Rajasthani Desert. We watch sunrise at the Taj Mahal, visit the abandoned red sandstone settlement of Fatehpur Sikri and discover the palaces of Jaipur’s ‘Pink City’.
- Delhi - A chance to explore Old Delhi by rickshaw and metro
- Agra - Visit the incredible Taj Mahal at sunrise plus free time to visit the Baby Taj or Agra Fort
- Fatehpur Sikri - Stroll through Akbar the Great’s famous deserted city
- Bharatpur - Opportunities to explore the remarkable bird sanctuary by bike or rickshaw
- Jaipur - Free time in the famous ‘Pink City’. Optional excursions to the Hawa Mahal, City Palace, the Observatory and the Amber Fort.
- Pushkar - Optional sunset camel safari into the desert
What we say
Staff Member Alex Meldrum travelled on this tour in 2010.
"This is a great value action packed trip to see the major highlights of northern India. Taking advantage of local transport offers a more authentic experience and a chance to mix with the locals. The rickshaw tour in Delhi and a camel safari in Pushkar where stand out moments for me."
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Delhi
AM optional city tour; PM train to Agra
Local bus to Bharatpur via Fatehpur Sikri
Am train to Jaipur; PM orientation tour
AM optional visit to Amber Fort
AM train to Ajmer. Transfer to Pushkar by jeep; pm optional camel safari
AM in Pushkar; PM train to Delhi
Tour ends Delhi