Why book this tour?
Book this tour if you would prefer the more relaxed pace of travelling this mighty river by traditional wooden sail boat rather than an air-conditioned cruise ship. This tour offers a completely different experience on the Nile and gives you distance from the mainstream tourist crowds.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- 10 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Train
- 3 nights Basic Felucca
Bus/Train in 2 berth compartment /3 night Felucca Sailtrek/Calesh.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s) and boatmen and a cook on sailtrek.
Nile And The Red Sea Tour
Enjoy a relaxing introduction to Egypt as we sail along the Nile aboard traditional feluccas and swim in the clear waters of the Red Sea. We sleep on deck as we sail our feluccas from Aswan towards Luxor, exploring some of the world’s greatest temple ruins and ancient cities on the way. We can also snorkel among beautiful coral reefs from the coastal town of Safaga.
- Cairo - Marvel at the majestic Pyramids and Sphinx then tour the Egyptian Museum with a local Egyptologist
- Luxor - Take a horse drawn 'calesh' to Karnak temple; Explore the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple
- Nile Felucca Sailtrek - Sail from Aswan to temples of Edfu and Kom Ombo on board a traditional sailboat
- Local Markets - Explore Luxor and Aswans bustling souk and spice market
- Safaga - Relax in the Red Sea resort and swim and snorkel over the colourful coral reefs
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Cairo
In Cairo; overnight train to Aswan
In Aswan; Nile Felucca Sailtrek from Aswan towards Edfu
Optional visit of Kom Ombo; sailing on our Felucca
Sailing on our Felucca
Felucca towards Edfu; transfer to Luxor
Drive to Safaga
Snorkelling in Safaga
Tour ends Cairo