2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 7 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- 3 Lunches
- 1 night Simple Hotel
- 2 nights Basic Village House
- 4 nights Standard Hotel
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader and drivers.
This is a 6-day trek with about 5-7 hours walking each day. We have graded this tour as moderate.
Lycian Way Trek In Turkey
We walk through the ancient province of Lycia, following one of Turkey’s most spectacular coastal trails, the Lycian Way. On our 6-day trek we hike through the foothills of the Taurus Mountains from Kayakoy to Patara, in the hinterland above Kas, and along the coast to the ruins at Aperlae. On our way we experience village life, relax on golden beaches and discover ancient sites.
- Lycian Way - Walk unspoilt coastal and mountain paths with breathtaking views down to the Turquoise Coast
- Kayakoy - Visit the deserted Greek village of Kaya Koyu, subject of Louis de Bernieres' book 'Birds Without Wings'
- Local villages - Discover traditional hill villages and be a guest in village guesthouses
- Patara - Explore Patara’s Roman ruins (birthplace of Saint Nicholas) and the stunning golden sand beach
- Kas - Hike to the ancient port of Aperlae and visit the beautiful Kekova Bay, with its sunken ruins and medieval castle, from this attractive harbour town.
What we say
Top Ten Turkey Highlights - Explore's Jude Berry has travelled extensively in Turkey. Read her top ten Turkish highlights.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Kayakoy
Hike to Faralya
Hike to Gey
Hike to Patara Beach
Visit to the ruins of Patara
Hike to Kas
Transfer Dalaman airport. Tour ends.