2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s).
Sixteen day cultural discovery tour in Ghana
From its lush rainforests to its golden sandy beaches, Ghana is a land of immense natural beauty. On this journey through one of Africa’s friendliest nations we experience the diverse and rich culture, visiting vibrant markets, traditional Lobi villages and the striking mud-stick mosques. We also observe monkeys, track wild elephants and visit the impressive Gold Coast castles.
- Kakum N.P. - A walk in the lush rainforest and the chance to join an optional exhilarating canopy tour.
- Bolgatanga and the Far North - Lobi Villages, distinctive local architecture and painted houses in the Wa region.
- Mole - A walking safari in the park to look for elephants.
- Kumasi - The vibrant colours of the largest market in West Africa.
- Gold Coast Castles - The impressive 18th Century castle of Elmina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Accra
AM at rest, sightseeing in Accra
Drive to Kumasi ; sighseeing in the city
To Mole National Park via Boabeng-Fiema
Foot safaris in Mole National Park
7 to 8
Exploring the Bolgatanga region
9 to 10
Exploring Wa region
To Lake Bosomtwi; boat trip
Visit Elmina Castle and St. Jago Fort
Explore Kakum National Park
Free time in Anomabu; drive to Accra where the tour ends