Why book this tour?
In 2012 95% of our customers made it to the summit of Kilimanjaro, and this is thanks to our fantastic support crew, slow paced treks and carefully planned routes.
Julius White leads on the following tour dates:
21st August 2013
11th September 2013
18th December 2013
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 9 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches
- 9 Dinners
- 7 nights Basic Camping
- 2 nights Standard Hotel
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, driver(s), mountain guide(s), assistant guides, cook and porters.
This is an 8-day trek with an average of 5 to 7 hours trekking each day, except on the ascent of the Uhuru Peak which involves 12 to 14 hours of trekking. Generally we walk at altitudes between 3000m and 5000m and we reach a maximum altitude of 5895m. We have graded this trek as challenging to tough. The trek is fully supported by porters and staff.
Kilimanjaro Trek | Trekking Holiday Kilimanjaro
We trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, Uhuru Peak (5895m), the highest point in Africa. Following the little-used Lemosho route we climb and descend on different paths, walking through the mountain’s different climatic regions and admiring the changing plant and animal life. Highlights include the ice fields of Kibo, the daunting Barranco Wall and the breathtaking views from the summit itself.
Kilimanjaro Summit Video
Watch Explore staff member Tim, as he summits Kilimanjaro - and tries to describe how he feels!
- Lemosho Route - Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 8 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak - Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau - Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
- Wild Camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations.
- Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders, guides, porters and cooks on the mountain.
What we say
Explore Staff on Tour - Explore's Jenny Hendry successfully summited Mount Kilimanjaro. Read about her adventures on the Lemosho Route.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Moshi
Drive to Londorossi Gate; trek to the Lemosho Glades
Walk to Shira Camp
Walk to Moir Hut
Trek to the Lava Tower
Trek to Karanga
Trek to Barafu Camp
Walk to Summit; descend to Millennium Camp
Walk to Mweka Gate; drive to Moshi
In Moshi; optional game drive; tour ends
Why not extend this tour?