2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 9 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
Local bus, charter bus, taxi.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus drivers and local guide.
There are included walks on five days. The walks are between 2.5 and 3 hours, the terrain is generally gently undulating and on one of the walks we descend 500 metres. We have graded this tour as easy. It is possible to opt out of any of the walks.
Food, Wine And Walking In Spain
Some of Spain’s best food and wine can be found in the provinces of the Basque Country, La Rioja and Catalunya. On this journey from Bilbao to Barcelona we blend easy walks through wonderful scenery with wine tasting for a great introduction to the quality wine regions of La Rioja, Montsant, Priorat and Cava. There is also a special focus on local cuisine along the way, from the ever-innovative Basques, to La Rioja tapas and onto the stylish and modern Catalans. The walks are varied and rewarding, from coastal scenes, along the Camino de Santiago, through vineyards and on top of Monserrat ridge.
- Bilbao - A visit to the extraordinary Guggenheim Museum
- Logroño - Walking and wine tasting in one of Spain’s most distinguished culinary hotspots
- Montblanc - Traditional Catalan dinner with a local family
- Codorníu Cava Winery - Wine tasting at one of the Penedes region's most famous estates
- Barcelona - Home to the astounding work of Antoni Gaudi and the colourful 'La Boqueria' food market
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Bilbao
Morning visit to Bakio. Afternoon free in Bilbao; optional visit to the Guggenheim
Drive to Logroño; vineyard visit and walk along the Camino Santiago
Drive to Montblanc via Zaragoza
Walk to Poblet Monastery and Milmanda Castle
Visit Bodega Scaladei, Cartuia Monastery and Siurana
Drive to Barcelona via the Codorníu winery and the Monastery of Montserrat
Tour ends Barcelona