2013 Standard Itinerary
- 7 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- 8 nights Comfortable Cruise Boat
Polar ship M/S Fram, plus Zodiacs for shore excursions.
Approx 0 -
Ship crew plus specialist expedition staff.
Disko Bay Whale Safari
On the west coast of Greenland, Disko Bay is home
to countless icebergs, rocky islands and glaciers - truly stunning scenery. Our favourite way to explore this unique landscape is to explore by Zodiac and on foot so you can get close to the birds and ice fields in absolute tranquillity.There will be plenty of opportunity to get off the boat and visit villages and bird colonies. Disko Bay’s rich waters attract narwhals, plus beluga, bowhead, minke and humpback whales, providing an exciting wildlife experience. The expedition will also give you a fascinating insight into Inuit culture. In addition, the Midnight Sun provides a stunning backdrop for the voyage and enables you to make the most of your time in this stunning environment.
- Explore the icebergs, rocky islands and glaciers of Disko Bay
- Sail with narwhals, beluga, bowhead, minke and humpback whales
- Discover the hunting history of the region
- Photograph large bird colonies, including northern fulmars
- Take a dip in some warm springs
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Glaciers and icebergs