2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 12 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 2 Dinners
- 12 nights Standard Hotel
- 2 nights Standard Lodge
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver, boatmen and some local guides.
Costa Rica Wildlife Tour
When Columbus landed at Limon on the Caribbean coast he discovered long sandy beaches, towering volcanoes and unspoilt tropical rainforest. Join us on a journey through Costa Rica exploring jungle waterways, volcanic craters and verdant rainforest. We also visit the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve where the rare Quetzal bird can be sighted.
- Tortuguero - Cruise the jungle waterways and walk through the rainforest, looking for the abundant wildlife
- Monteverde - Explore this cloud forest reserve. Search for the beautiful local bird, the quetzal
- Manuel Antonio - Where rainforest meets golden sand beaches. Share the beach with sun-bathing iguanas and Capuchin monkeys
- Arenal - Admire this classic cone-shaped, live volcano
- Wildlife - Wake up to the call of Howler monkeys, spot a crocodile, and listen out for scarlet macaws and the many other beautiful and exotic birds
What we say
Staff Member Teresa Mozley travelled on this tour in 2011.
"Tortuguero with its scenery and wildlife you can only reach by water; the chance to see quetzals in the Monteverde reserve; the hot springs at Arenal, volcanoes everywhere; and hundreds of humming birds. And at the end of the trip, the fabulous sunsets at Manuel Antonio. Just go there!"
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour San Jose
In San Jose
Drive to Turrialba
Drive and boat to Tortuguero
In Tortuguero National Park
Boat to Cano Blanco and Drive to Arenal
Drive to Monteverde
Am Visit Monteverde Reserve; Free PM
Free in Monteverde
Drive to Manuel Antonio N.P.
In Manuel Antonio N.P.
Drive to San Jose
Tour ends San Jose