2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- 1 Lunch
Approx 10 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s).
Adventure Tour Of Albania & Macedonia
Still emerging from isolation, Albania and Macedonia have a lot of well-kept secrets for the adventurous traveller. We uncover the remains of past civilisations: from Illyrian tribes and ancient Greeks to the Romans and Ottomans. As we travel from the Adriatic Coast across the White Mountains to Lake Ohrid, we experience unspoilt natural beauty and a traditional rural lifestyle.
- Tirana - Walking tour of Albania’s capital
- Permeti - Picturesque trails and villages
- Gjirokastra - Walking tour of historic UNESCO World Heritage town
- Butrint - Visit 2500 year old archaeological site
- Llogara National Park - Pine forest walks and beautiful mountain and coastal scenery
- Apollonia - Ancient Greek and Roman city
- Berat - Walking tour with visit to fortress and Red Mosque
- Kruja - Visit medieval town and Skanderbeg’s citadel
What we say
Staff Member Linda Harris travelled on this tour in 2012.
"Albania is a fascinating country, because it was ruled for many years by the Ottoman empire and spent almost 50 years under communism, I found its history really interesting and all of its past influences have shaped the Albania of today. It boasts intriguing historical sites, stunning scenery and really welcoming locals." Read more from Linda.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Tirana
Drive to Ohrid
Drive to Korca
Drive to Permeti
Explore the village of Benja
Drive to Gjirokastra
Drive to Saranda
Visit Ali Pasha Tepelena Fortress; PM drive to Llogara
Morning walk in Llogara NP, drive to Vlora
Drive to Berat via Apollonia
Drive to Kruja via Durresi
Tour ends Tirana Airport