Why book this tour?
Cruising along the coastline in a traditional gulet is quite simply the best and most relaxing way to enjoy the special beauty of Turkey's south-western shores.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary (Hotel Phellos)
- 14 Breakfasts
- 10 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- 7 nights Simple Cabin
- 7 nights Standard Hotel
Bus/Boat/Canoe/Mountain Bike/Sea Kayak/Chartered Gulet.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, boatmen, qualified canoe and kayak instructors, drivers, captain and boat crew
Multi Active Holiday And Gulet Cruise In Turkey
This active trip is a wonderful way to explore Turkey’s beautiful coastline, charming villages and impressive mountains. From our base in the traditional harbour town of Kas we travel by bike, boat, canoe and sea kayak to explore the region’s dramatic landscapes and rich culture. We get well off the beaten track, visit local ancient sites and take relaxing swims in the sea.
In week two we cruise along the beautiful Turquoise Coast on a traditional wooden 'gulet'. Departing from Fethiye harbour we explore small bays and islands, discover ancient relics, and swim and snorkel in the warm clear waters that give the coastline its name. We visit the hillside village of Kalkan, the submerged ancient city of Kekova and revisit Kas. There are also opportunities to sea kayak, walk Saklikent Gorge and visit historical sites such as Patara (birthplace of Saint Nicholas).
- Taurus Mountains - Cycle and walk in the foothills of these majestic mountains
- Xanthos - Visit the ancient capital of Lycia then canoe down the Xanthos River to the sea
- Kekova Bay - Sea kayak to the ‘Sunken City’ of Kekova, and on to the village of Simena overlooked by a medieval castle
- Sailing on a traditional style wooden gulet - Seven nights cruising along the beautiful shoreline of Turkey's Turquoise Coast
- Ancient ruins, beaches, swimming, walks, sea kayaking - Relax or explore as much as you like on your cruise
What we say
Top Ten Turkey Highlights - Explore's Jude Berry has travelled extensively in Turkey. Read her top ten Turkish highlights.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Dalaman and transfer to Kas
Full day sea-kayaking to Kekova Island
Walks in the Taurus Mountains (lunch included)
Visit Xanthos; canoe trip down Xanthos River to Patara (lunch included)
Free day; optional trip to the island of Meis
Full day cycling in the Taurus Mountains (lunch included)
Full day boat trip from Kas (lunch included)
Transfer to Fethiye to join gulet
To Kas via Ucagiz
To Soguksu Cove and Gemiler Island
Sail to Tarzan Bay
Sail to Fethiye where tour ends